Berkeley campus. During the 1930s Ernest Lawrence and associates built accelerators of increasing size and energy. Lawrence is pictured in 1938 at the controls of the 37-inch cyclotron in the old radiation laboratory on campus.
Full Collection Name
Centennial Exhibit from the Nine Campuses of the University of California, 1868-1968
UARC PIC 1900.13
The Bancroft Library
Researchers may make free and open use of the UC Berkeley Library’s digitized public domain materials. However, some materials in our online collections may be protected by U.S. copyright law (Title 17, U.S.C.). Use or reproduction of materials protected by copyright beyond that allowed by fair use (Title 17, U.S.C. § 107) requires permission from the copyright owners. The use or reproduction of some materials may also be restricted by terms of University of California gift or purchase agreements, privacy and publicity rights, or trademark law. Responsibility for determining rights status and permissibility of any use or reproduction rests exclusively with the researcher. To learn more or make inquiries, please see our permissions policies (https://www.lib.berkeley.edu/about/permissions-policies).