Whitaker's Forest, University of California, October, 1948. View from the north end of swimming pool across the plantation towards the camp clearing. Trees in the foreground are ponderosa pines grown by Los Angeles County Forestry Department and planted by CCC crew in 1936. The tall tree at left center background is a Coulter pine with three young sequoias at the right of it. Old sequoia veteran in the background is above the boys' camp. Photo by Claude Jackson.
Researchers may make free and open use of the UC Berkeley Library’s digitized public domain materials. However, some materials in our online collections may be protected by U.S. copyright law (Title 17, U.S.C.). Use or reproduction of materials protected by copyright beyond that allowed by fair use (Title 17, U.S.C. § 107) requires permission from the copyright owners. The use or reproduction of some materials may also be restricted by terms of University of California gift or purchase agreements, privacy and publicity rights, or trademark law. Responsibility for determining rights status and permissibility of any use or reproduction rests exclusively with the researcher. To learn more or make inquiries, please see our permissions policies (https://www.lib.berkeley.edu/about/permissions-policies).