Redwood Region (Panoramic). Caspar Lumber Company, west of their Camp 19. View from north of Willits-Fort Bragg road, at junction with Civilian Conservation Corps road into Big River. Showing remains of residual trees left in 1927. Brush under these trees was very heavy, recently cleared off. Trees to left (east) recently felled and still remaining. Site of accelerated growth study of Jan. 1947. (E.F. #1735). This second cut is a clearing operation by Kelly McGuire for a sheep ranch. Jan. 3, 1947. E.F. See also 7360-62.
Researchers may make free and open use of the UC Berkeley Library’s digitized public domain materials. However, some materials in our online collections may be protected by U.S. copyright law (Title 17, U.S.C.). Use or reproduction of materials protected by copyright beyond that allowed by fair use (Title 17, U.S.C. § 107) requires permission from the copyright owners. The use or reproduction of some materials may also be restricted by terms of University of California gift or purchase agreements, privacy and publicity rights, or trademark law. Responsibility for determining rights status and permissibility of any use or reproduction rests exclusively with the researcher. To learn more or make inquiries, please see our permissions policies (https://www.lib.berkeley.edu/about/permissions-policies).