Joel Berger, a child, swallowed a drawer knob. Includes mother Tessie Berger. Joel Berger, age 2, with his mother, Tessie Berger, at the Alameda County Hospital where the child was treated for a scratched throat. He swallowed a drawer knob, his mother shook him by the heels, then set him right side up after dislodging the knob, reached in and pulled the thing out. The kid got a free ride to hospital anyhow for throat painting.
Researchers may make free and open use of the UC Berkeley Library's digitized public domain materials. However, some materials in our online collections may be protected by U.S. copyright law (Title 17, U.S.C.). Use or reproduction of materials protected by copyright beyond that allowed by fair use (Title 17, U.S.C. § 107) requires permission from the copyright owners. The use or reproduction of some materials may also be restricted by terms of University of California gift or purchase agreements, privacy and publicity rights, or trademark law. Responsibility for determining rights status and permissibility of any use or reproduction rests exclusively with the researcher. To learn more or make inquiries, please see our permissions policies (https://www.lib.berkeley.edu/about/permissions-policies).