Content/DescriptionBuildings on Kearny Street at the east side of Portsmouth Square. The largest building is the former post office (1852-1855) that, in 1856, became the rallying place for the party opposed to the Vigilance Committee. Also pictued are a stage office (with stagecoach in front), the Plaza Intelligence Office and Golden Gate Bakery, and to the right, on Clay Street, Young's Cloak, Bonnet, & Fancy Goods Establishement. The masts of numerous ships are visible in the background, and the street is lined with wagons and carriages. The portion of the block to the left of this image is pictured in Plate 7.